Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Windows 7 release date announced

Windows 7, Microsoft's new OS offering is due to be released on October 22nd, 2009.

It is not a "brand new" operating system as such, and looks an feels a lot like Vista, only much quicker. Hardware compatibility has been vastly improved and it is not as resource hungry than its predecessor, Vista.

Having run the release candidate version of Windows 7 for a couple of months I have one thing to say; I'm impressed...and a little bit worried (allrightie then, I have two things to say)

Windows 7 is quick. Blazingly quick when compared to Vista. Everything just feels faster. From bootup times to opening up applications. My battery life has even improved from 1 1/2 hours on XP to 2 hours 45 minutes!

Now for the caveats:
It is buggy! The moment I joined it to my 2003 domain, I started getting permission errors and it refused to open any items on my desktop. Zak reckons it is because it was designed to work with Windows 2008 server, I'm testing his theory and will let you know soon.

Are we excited? Definitely! Watch this space for updates.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment